So I got around to thinking what a "Boerstaat" would be like.
Now let's assume as a premise the following.
1) There is nothing in principle wrong with a boerstaat along the human right of self determination. On condition we allow this priveledge consistantly. But I don't want to get into the ramifications such as the then validity of a pakistani statehood in the U.K etc. But the Boers have been here for many generations and if they want their own bit of land we should allow them to have it in my opinion.
2) This piece of land would be somewhere including the once "boer republics" where most people who strictly consisder themselves boers preside. It should be in proportion to their representation of the population in size. Roughly 1-5 % of the country depending on people's ownb definition of themselves and how many choose to live there. The land itself would have to be compensated for by that population and the freedoms and rights of anyone who they don't want to live in that area can not be hindered without that compensation.
So basically before we started we aready talking a pipe dream. I don't see the boers having anything close to the money to compensate this area of land to take it with leaving all parties satisfied.
But as a thought experiment let's imagine the sustainability of it.
By definition we would assume this independant state would reply on agriculture as the cornerstone of their economy. Boer Translates to farmer after all. But how would they possibly hope to compete without the cheap labour and where will that cheap labour come from if they only allow boers to live and govern there ? They'd have to either accept that having your own nature means you're going to have to enforce a group of whites to become an underclass or labours living on tiny wages to keep you competitive. What social ramifications will this have ? Or you would have to compensate by allowing some voluntary non whites to fill this role. But you would have to give them equal democratic rights, as your argument of the right to self determination falls apart from an ethical standpoint if you don't.
So already three major problems.
1) A poor economy and little ability to compete with the already infastructure and industrial modern country of South Africa that surrounds you. You will become a mass net importer of goods from South Africa (like the rest of subsuharan africa)and have very little ability to compete.
2) You're all white policy is unsustainable for the above reason.
3) And if you try pursue it you will start class warfare and fracture your cultural bonds along that criteria. In fighting between the have and have nots is envitable.
Some more things you might want to think about. Your daughters are going to want to shop in the malls of sandton, and go dancing in the strobe lights non verkrampte clubs of JHB. The only way to stop this would to stop westernisation. That would mean a black out of western media in general and broadscope censorship. This would frustrate your youth and disatisfy their hapiness in their boerestaat even greater. I imagine many would find themselves leaving for the big lights in no time.
Furtermore you'd be relient on South Africa for so many things. You'd be land locked and have to pay S.A for water and electricity. Something I'm pretty sure they're going to make sure costs you quite a bit.
I could go on forever, but I'd like to hear how you plan to overcome these hurdles first.