Saturday 11 December 2010

A stupid day in ...

Africa...

So this was my weekend so far....

I found this lying on my lawn... What I assume in my amateur eye to be a baby dove. I was lying on its back with gaping wounds on its front and seemed dead. Upon trying to pick it up it gave the weakest of kicks letting me know it's still alive. I held little hope for it and put it in a box and left it over night in the hope it would die at least away from the rain and fear of the unknown.

Waking up this morning I opened the box and it gave a wild little flutter of it's wings and managed a little burst of neo-flight. Probably half a meter.

So I phoned my friend who owns a bird sanctuary and he said bring it in.

It took me to roads like this...




On the way I saw this...





And while I arrived at the sanctuary ....this...




Arriving I was met by the owners wife, a Brit working here who assured me they would take care of it. This was my day.

God bless Africa. God bless the simple life.

No comments: