- The number of tourists visiting South Africa has grown from 3.9million in 1994 to 11.3 million in 2010. South Africa is ranked among the top 5 countries in the world in respect of tourism growth (growing at 3 times the global average).
- SA ranks 24th in terms of tourist arrivals at 11.3 million (France 79 million, UK 28 million, Switzerland 8.5 million, India 5.2 million). (Economist)
- Cape Town was named the top tourist destination in the world in the 2011 Traveler’s Choice Destinations awards.
- OR Tambo airport is the best airport in Africa, according to the World Airport Awards 2010/11. It was also in the top 3 most improved airports in the world for the same period.
- 27 South African beaches were awarded Blue Flags, an international indicator of high environmental standards for recreational beaches in 2010.
- South Africa is ranked 66th out of 139 in the World Economic Forums Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2010/11.
- According to CNNGo (CNN's Travel Website), Cape Town is the 9th most loved city in the world in 2012.
- TripAdvisor has named Boulders Beach as one of its top 10 truly unique beaches in the world 2012.
Sunday, 10 February 2013
Posted by The Rooster at 16:01